Monday, June 18, 2012

Catholic Woman's Almanac


Moments of Gratitude
 - Sharing memories of a friend who passed away.  Laughing and remembering.  Felt good to celebrate his memory.
- Seeing old friends at a high school reunion
- Visiting with extended family to celebrate my father-in-law's retirement
- Watching my five-year-old trying in the swimming pool, building confidence and feeling so proud

Beauty in the Ordinary
I have been going for walks in the neighborhood and been struck by the "greeness".  Appreciating the beauty of mature trees that give cool shade and frame the Victorian houses like a snapshot.  

From the Kitchen 
Made recipes that I found on Pinterest- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Bread and Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark for Father's Day.  Yum!  Also, Oatmeal Scotchies (see post).  Can't wait to try Breakfast Burritos.  If they are a hit, I will definitely stock some in the freezer for busy school mornings this fall.

Pondering
 WORDS!  Reading a book that talks about moving from this life to eternity and how it is a processing of letting go of words.  Also, my son is a bit of a linguistic geek.  He got an etymology book for his birthday and he now has me fascinated by the roots of the words of our language.

Reading
Faith Bass Darling's Last Garage Sale by Lynda Rutledge

Pinned
Cute containers 
Secret Door
Bites of Heaven


Looking Ahead
I want to say the rosary every day but I think I will start with a goal of three times this week.  I have two writing projects to complete.  Excited that my sister and her kids will be in town!


Captured
 Happy, confident little swimmer


Thanks for stopping by!
Dina 

 



3 comments:

  1. Welcome Dina! Mmm, you had me at Cheddar bacon ranch bread...well and salted carmel pretzel bark. I will have to search those recipes out and forget that I am trying to fit back into prematernity clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list and welcome too! Yes...my mouth was watering too. Look forward to seeing some more posts. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast burritos are big at our house. I make big batches of "filling" and keep it in the fridge. Everyone can grab a tortilla and assemble their own in the morning. Now if I could only get a commercial coffee maker with a quasi-infinite supply of coffee, then there would be less fussing in the kitchen in the morning over who has to make the second pot of coffee!

    ReplyDelete